Kevin VoisinJun 11, 2013 6638 Comments
Business owners who want to get a handle on marketing in today’s digital age can attend “Taming Technologies,” a free monthly seminar series at the Larose Civic Center presented by Ignite.
“We’re proud to bring the community something that can help them to understand how best to make money in today’s market,” said Jasmine Ayo, executive director of the Bayou Civic Club.
The series features hands-on “Lunch and Learn” classes designed to help local business owners learn how to use digital technologies to more effectively market their businesses.
Each seminar begins at 11 a.m. and is three hours long, including a one hour instruction period, a one-hour catered lunch with speakers and demonstrations, and then a one-hour breakout workshop where participants will be allowed to actually implement what they have learned with guidance from the instructors.
“We wanted to provide an experience where participants don’t just sit and listen - then go home and forget. We will actually get them involved in active learning where there is a tangible benefit to them and to their company’s marketing,” said Kevin Voisin of Ignite Marketing.
The course schedule is:
- March 20: Introduction to Technology and Digital Marketing
- April 24: Applying Traditional Marketing Tactics in a Digital World
- May 15: Effective Marketing and Sales Via Your Corporate Website
- June 19: Building Relationships and Making Money with Social Media
- July 3: The Value of Web Content and Its Surprisingly Profitable Traffic
- Aug. 28: Viral Video Marketing
- Sept. 18: Email Marketing
- Oct. 16: Reach Customers and Make Money Using Your Cell Phone
- Nov. 20: Leveraging Text Messages to Build Relationships and Make Money
- Dec. 4: Cloud Computing and Your Company
- Jan. 15, 2014: Manager Computers and Hardware in Profitable and Meaningful Ways
- Feb. 19, 2014: What Technology Can’t, or Shouldn’t, Do in Your Organization
The series is presented by the Bayou Civic Club of Larose, and sponsored by BP, Coastal Commerce Bank and Dig In Lafourche.
Advanced registration is encouraged. For more information or to register, visit www.tamingtechnologies.com/register or call (985) 693-7355.